Quality Payment Program Consultation
SCORH and Alliant Quality are working together to help small practices in South Carolina with 15 or fewer clinicians under one tax ID number to understand and participate in the CMS Quality Payment Program (QPP)/MACRA/MIPS.
South Carolina clinicians participating in the Medicare program are preparing for payment reform through the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ Quality Payment Program (QPP). From the QPP Small Underserved and Rural Support Website: “The Quality Payment Program (QPP) aims to improve Medicare by helping clinicians shift to a payment system focused on quality and patient outcomes. Small practices with 15 or fewer clinicians, including those in rural locations, health professional shortage areas, and medically underserved areas are a crucial part of the health care system. The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) provides direct technical assistance to help individual Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) eligible clinicians and small practices in these settings participate in the program. The QPP—SURS (Small, Underserved, and Rural Support) initiative is comprised of local, experienced organizations that help clinicians in small and rural practices navigate the Quality Payment Program, while making sure they are able to focus on the needs of their patients.” SCORH is proud to do our part to support eligible clinicians from all across our state to navigate these changes.
We are available to provide direct technical assistance at no cost to help Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) eligible clinicians participate in the Quality Payment Program.
We assist practices with the following:
- Select & report on appropriate measures and activities to satisfy requirements of each
- MIPS performance category – Quality, Improvement Activities, Advancing Care, Information and Cost
- Engage in continuous quality improvement
- Optimize health information technology (HIT)
- Evaluate options for joining an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM)
- QPP/MIPS Technical Assistance Available To Small Practices
- MIPS Participation Status Lookup Tool
- Medicare Learning Network
- 12-15-17 Overcoming Challenges to MIPS for Solo Practitioners and small group practices
- MACRA/ Quality Payment Program: Pick Your Pace
- MACRA/Quality Payment Program/MIPS
- Quality Payment Program: Practice Improvement Activities
- Quality Payment Program: Advancing Clinical Information
- MACRA Participation Without an Electronic Health Record
- Quality Payment Program: Cost
- MACRA/Quality Payment Program/MIPS Clinical Quality and Selecting Measures
- MACRA for Critical Access Hospitals
- MACRA Practice Improvement Activities: How To Avoid a Penalty