Rural Provider Recruitment + Retention
14 rural health providers started work in one of our rural communities in 2017 as a result of SCORH’s recruitment services.
Rural South Carolina is a wonderful place to live and work – a statement that is especially true for health care providers that choose careers in our rural communities. Our providers are an integral part of their communities and not just another physician or advanced clinician in a large health system. They are community leaders while still utilizing their broad clinical skill set to create meaningful and lasting relationships with their patients.
For the past 25 years, SCORH’s Rural Recruitment Services effort has partnered with health care providers and rural health care employers across the state to make “compatible matches” for their workforce. SCORH provides technical assistance to South Carolina’s Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), look-a-like community health centers (CHCs), Rural Health Clinics (RHCs), Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs), and other rural health care employers in all 46 counties in South Carolina. These organizations are connected with potential candidates, as well as financial programs and other tools from the state and national levels that enable them to grow and sustain their workforce.
We know that finding the right fit between a potential candidate and an employer is no easy task. Whether a health care provider or student or a health care employer, SCORH has recruitment services that can help.
For South Carolina Health Care Providers or Students:
- Access to programs that support retention through loan repayment and other incentives, such as the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program and the SC Rural Physician Incentive Grant
- Match with opportunities to meet specific family needs
- Receive assistance with job searches and related topics, especially for recent graduates
- Connect with rural jobs and employers across South Carolina
- Create a candidate profile and connect with SCORH staff about job opportunities in rural South Carolina: go to www.3RNet.org and look for the blue “Register” panel
For South Carolina Health Care Employers:
- Access to local candidates from South Carolina’s graduate level health care programs
- Access to national candidates through the National Rural Recruitment and Retention Network (3RNet)
- Post rural job opportunities and share those jobs with qualified, motivated candidates
- Receive Rural Recruitment technical assistance
- Access to a liaison for relevant recruitment and retention programs across the state and nation
Health Professional Sites:
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- American College of Nurse Practitioners
- Hablar El Idioma De Su Cliente
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
- National Rural Recruitment and Retention Network
- NP Central’s Info for Nurse Practitioners
- Rural Training Track Collaborative
- SC Recruitment and Retention
- SC Rural Physician Incentive Grant