The South Carolina Office of Rural Health is dedicated to finding ways to ensure that all rural South Carolina veterans have access to the quality health care they need and the support they deserve.
Did you know?
- Support for non-VA providers interested in joining the Veterans Choice Program
- Connection to state and national experts in veteran healthcare issues
- Technical assistance to identify veterans in patient populations
- Provider training on veteran issues with peer-to-peer consultative support
- Veteran behavioral health care expertise
For Eligible Providers Treating Veterans with PTSD or PTSD and TBI
- Teleconsultation with providers from the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center in Charleston
- Telehealth treatment referral and coordination via the Johnson VA Medical Center
Shannon Chambers joined the South Carolina Office of Rural Health in 2011, and serves as the director of provider solutions. In this role, Shannon assists private physician offices who desire to convert to Rural Health Clinic (RHC) status. She provides technical assistance to RHCs in compliance activities, billing and coding, EHR implementation, and practice management.