Every family deserves equal access to the healthcare system. Family Solutions works to reduce infant mortality, expand community education and improve health outcomes for pregnant women and their families.
- To reduce infant mortality
- To improve health outcomes for women and their babies
- To support families through educational programs
Did you know?
- Case management & social work services
- Home visits
- Childbirth and breastfeeding classes
- Reproductive health education
- “Opportunity Knocks” fatherhood initiative
- Motivational interviewing & goal-setting
- Referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in the community
Lamikka Purvis Samuel currently serves as the Director of Family Solutions.Prior to her work at the SC Office of Rural Health, Lamikka worked at one of South Carolina’s major hospital systems providing case management for adult patients with cardiovascular conditions, and also in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit helping families of premature, low birth weight, and/or critically ill babies to cope with unexpected and sometimes devastating birth outcomes.