Healthy People, Healthy Carolinas
Access to healthy foods, a place to exercise, and a safe environment all contribute to health outcomes. We’re helping build strong communities and reduce the rates of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
Healthy People, Healthy Carolinas supports community coalitions in their efforts to improve population health through the collective impact model, and to enhance a community’s capacity to implement evidence-based interventions (EBIs).
Did you know?
First Cohort began 2017
- Fairfield Forward
- LiveWell Greenville
- LiveWell Kershaw
- Northeastern Rural Health Network
- Tri-County Health Network
Second Cohort began 2019
- Eat Smart, Move More Barnwell County
- Eat Smart, Move More Spartanburg County
- Healthy Tri-County
- Impact York County
- LiveWell Georgetown County
- Build capacity
- Improve evidence-based intervention implementation
- Apply continuous quality improvement practices
- Plan for sustainability
- Translate data into communication messages that catalyze action
- Onboard and develop HPHC coordinator staff
Darlene Lynch joined the South Carolina Office of Rural Health in 2017 as the director of the Community Health Transformation team. In this role, Darlene provides technical assistance and supports local partner coordination for the Healthy People, Healthy Carolinas program funded by The Duke Endowment.